This month is Men’s health awareness month and therefore I choose to honor the men God has blessed me with in my life by sharing the lessons I learned from each of them. These are virtues or principles that I learned from them that I am applying in my life. You can read Part 1 here.
Today I continue to share the principles I learned from my;
I have been blessed with great employers and today I am specifically sharing about one MR. EZRA RWAKAZOOBA, the Managing Partner of Ignosi Research. I do research-related work with him each time projects show up. He is one of the best Data Scientists and highly gifted in many things related to that. He is a great leader and one of those that keep calling greatness out of me. He is a father and husband too. A great teacher of the word of God and one of the kindest and generous souls you will ever meet and experience.
Lessons I have learned from doing life with him :
- Love people and live at peace with them
- Family is important, do life with them and always show up for them
- We rise by lifting other people. Grow with others, empower and encourage them.
- Always love and respect your significant other. Be faithful and available.
- Marriage is a beautiful thing, if you find the one you can do life with say yes and kick it off.
- Bring up a child in the way of the Lord. Teach them about God and His precepts. He brings this verse to life, “Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6 NKJV especially with how he is raising his son with his wife.
- You lose nothing by being generous, sharing what you have with the world. A generous soul will always be watered. Be a generous soul that also invests their finances to create wealth for the next generation after.
- Be calm and gentle in your dealings. Walk steadfastly and do not rush. Take steps carefully and always be kind. You shall get into doors you did not think you would.
- When you are given an assignment, first and foremost devote yourself to it then give it your best and watch your results speak for you. Be organized and deliver the best. Always bring out your best.
- When in a room with great people, ask questions. Questions that will get you learning something new that can help you lead a better life as you seek to transform the world.
- When asked a question, always answer. If possible give answers, you are sure of. If you are not sure, do not say it. Avoid statements like maybe, I think…,
- Be bold and always speak your mind politely with wisdom. Never allow being stepped on for no good reason.
- In a room of opportunities, remember to mention those people you know who can deliver on the job. Do not die with opportunities that would help make your friends and other people better
- When you have a dream, make sure you do something about it. If it means taking baby steps, do it. But walk in action towards realizing it. Do not just speak, act too.
- It’s ok to have many giftings and skills but also find one of those where you can be an expert. One which you can master and serve at high capacity. Specialization is also important and it has a place in our life.
- Whichever opportunity you have to serve God, do it with your whole heart. You will not have this time forever.
- Lead an honest life. Be integral and frugal with resources. Be someone people can trust and rely on to deliver results. With this, you will catch great opportunities.
- Value time. It is one of your prized resources. Respect both your time and that of others. Honor appointments and always communicate when it’s otherwise. Make every second count.
- Take time to grow your craft. Study, research and practice all you can to enrich your knowledge of a certain craft. Endeavor to learn something new in line with what you are gifted in so that you can match your skills with the current needs.
- Make technology your friend and learn all you can when it comes to things like computers and the different software.
- Gather all the knowledge you can. Read all the books you have access to. This exposes your mind to better ways of doing life. And when you go-ahead to implement the tenets learned, you will experience exponential growth.
- Life is full of ups and downs. When faced with a challenge, tackle it and then move on to do the next thing. Do not let challenges limit you or stop you from working out your dreams.
- Do not die working, remember to take breaks and socialize with people or do other things that you love. Life is not just about work.
- Purity is possible. Patience pays. Therefore, know who you are and what you want and remain focused.
- Above all, read your bible and pray every day. Share with someone about the God you serve.
It’s one thing to serve someone’s dream but it is a glorious thing serving an employer who rewards you generously, honors people, pushes you to grow, and teaches you how to catch fish on your own. That is Ezra for me.
Conversations with him always leave me with action points to implement in my life.
Watching him lead his family has gotten me to appreciate the purpose God has for family.
His walk with God is encouraging and inspirational
His excellence at work has not only pushed me to be a better administrator but has also opened better opportunities for me.
I daily thank God for him and his wife. Both have invested in me. I purpose to learn all I can from them.
I pray God blesses him with a purposeful life that will live beyond him. I declare fruitfulness to his household and exponential growth to Ignosi Research.
If you ever find me organized, skilled, committed, and generous, it’s because I learn from the best!
To you my friend,
I pray that you learn something good from each person God has blessed you with be it your employer. I also hope the above can help you lead a better life.
Stay blessed and safe!
I love you!
I am the Lioness Arising
©Words from the Pot