This being a family month, I choose to take you through my journal and I pray you can learn one or two things from my story which you can apply or can help you lead a better life. This was all inspired by my phoenix journal I received as a gift on my birthday.
It shall be a three parts series where I answer a few questions about myself each week. (Let’s call this mini meet-the-blogger series)
Below are five questions with the corresponding answers:
What do I love about my life?
I am Justine Love Nuwamanya a champion committed to helping people and systems perform better. I love many things about my life and these include;
- The truth that it is faith-based. I grew up in a humble family where we did not have access to all we needed and this led me into fully living a faith-based life where I trust God to come through for me in all situations. I look at him as my Father and source.
- The fact that I keep on loving no matter the heartbreaks, betrayal, and disappointments. I have been hurt a thousand times but somehow I still rise and love like never before. I fully attribute this to the belief that I was first loved and this should give me the strength to love no matter what.
- The fact that my body easily gains and loses weight. This makes it easy for me to keep the kind of weight I want for a given season.
- The decision I made in 2019 to stop borrowing money. Uncleared debts almost sent me to heaven earlier but God saved me. Since 2019, vowed to stop borrowing money and also went onto a challenge to clear all the debts I had accrued over the previous years. Currently, I have cleared 70% and I hope to be debt-free by my 30th birthday next year.
- The fact that I love reading and writing. These two habits have kept me sane. They are sources of knowledge, wisdom, and wealth that have helped me better my life.
When do I feel most like myself?
I feel myself most when I am doing the activities below;
- Organizing anything be it a space, person, environment, program, or an event. My love for orderliness, cleanliness, and beauty gets me organizing each place I step into once permitted.
- Helping people. This can be physically like editing work, emotionally by listening to them and offering advice when permitted, spiritually by praying for and with them and generally being available to do life with them.
- Traveling or chilling at the beach while I let my mind, heart, and spirit meet together to figure out ways of bettering myself and serving God’s purpose for my life better to this generation.
What are my strengths and weaknesses?
I love this question because it helps me self-introspect and know what exactly I need to work on to be a better champion. Therefore, let me share my latest results with you.
My strengths are;
My weaknesses are;
- Some impatience
With the help of my mentors and friends, I am working on these weaknesses and I am in a better position. With time, I shall overcome!
Who/what inspires me? Why?
My family and friends. This is mainly because they are home to me.
- My family is my most safe space, my mother and siblings love me in ways I cannot explain, they support my work, refer me for opportunities, and also read my blogs faithfully. My family has contributed greatly to grooming a loving queen out of me. They have shaped my character and confidence. I thank God for my family.
- My friends because they love me both in word and deed. They always give me feedback and advice that is helping me be better and also show up for me each time I need them. I love to believe that God specifically handpicked each of my friends for me because they are the fuel that pushes me towards Becoming a better version. They each in their capacities inspire me to improve thyself in the various life facets.
What does success mean to me?
Success to me is an empowered society that is performing well and maximizing people’s potential thereby creating a better world. Each time I am help someone or a system perform better, I celebrate success. Success is basically doing what it takes to enable other people get better and also go on to help other people to better their lives.
As we conclude,
Let’s discuss this question;
What does success mean to you?
Feel free to leave your answers in the comment section.
This will be it for today. Watch out for part 2 as we continue to go through my journal.
Until then , stay safe.
I LOVE YOU!
I am the Lioness Arising
©Words from the Pot